The Delegate Cullison Scholarship is offered to Maryland District 19 residents who plan to pursue a postsecondary credential full-time or part-time at a two-year or a four-year Maryland college, university, or private career school. It does not renew automatically and must be applied for annually.
Attention USG Campus Students: If you are a student at the Universities of Shady Grove campus, you must apply directly through USG. Please call 301-738-6023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and inquire about application process and deadline. I believe their priority deadline is June 30, but check with them.
MHEC Requirements (For more information, click here)
- Students who attend/plan to attend community college, 4-year college, or graduate school within Maryland, unless you qualify for Unique Major status through MHEC or meets one of the other Out-of-State Exceptions.
- Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1st ideally, OR the Maryland State Financial Aid Application (MSFAA).
Delegate Cullison’s Requirements:
- Reside in District 19. To find out if you live in legsialtive district 19 check here. Your MHEC MDCAPS Account must have a legislative district 19 address.
- Application Deadline: Our online Application opens annually in April and must be returned by June 1 (be sure to complete your FAFSA by March 1). Awardees will be informed via email. Priority given to undergrad students, attending Montgomery College or a Maryland state public university, first time degree seekers, first-generation college students, and are based on financial need according to your FAFSA/MSFAA EFC; awards range between $200 and $1,000.
Other District 19 Legislative Scholarship Opportunities:
- Senator Kramer: Ben.Kramer@senate.state.md.us
- Delegate Crutchfield: email@example.com
- Delegate Stewart: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MD Higher Education Commission (MHEC) – State Scholarships & Grants: mhec.maryland.gov
- MD Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Scholarship: maryland-hispanic-chamber-of-commerce.org/scholarship-application/
- Federal Student Aid, an office of US Dept. of Education (info about understanding different types of aid including loans): studentaid.ed.gov
- US Dept. of Education: ed.gov/finaid
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators: www.finaid.org
- Scholarship Search (search for scholarships): www.fastweb.com
- Peterson Education and Career Center (scholarship search and info): www.petersons.com
- College Entrance Exam Board and Educational Testing Service: bigfuture.collegeboard.org
- Personal Assessment and Career Planning Info: https://www.salliemae.com/plan-for-college/
- For students in public policy, economic development or related fields: www.medamd.com/professional-development/rhonda-joy-ray-scholarship-application