We are now accepting applications for Delegate Cullison’s Scholarship Program for the 2021-22 Academic Year. Please complete and submit our scholarship application by June 1. You must be a District 19 constituent to be eligible.
USG Campus Students: If you are a student at the Universities of Shady Grove campus, you must directly apply through USG and not through our office (Please call 301-738-6023 or email email@example.com). I believe their priority deadline is June 30, but check with them.
FAFSA/MSFAA: You must also apply for the FAFSA https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa (or Maryland State Financial Aid Application (MSFAA) if applicable) as well; we encourage you to do that as soon as possible, if you have not already.
MHEC conditions: Please also look for MHEC’s overall conditions for legislative scholarships here: https://mhec.state.md.us/preparing/Pages/FinancialAid/ProgramDescriptions/prog_delegate.aspx.
Application: Download application and instructions here; please read both thoroughly. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please only email your applications. For this reason, and to reduce unnecessary costs to students, unofficial transcripts, and other documents may are accepted, and to this end even screenshots/or photos of documents are fine.
Other District 19 Legislative Scholarship Opportunities: You are also welcome and encouraged to reach out to your entire District 19 team; we each have our own deadlines and processes so inquire in other offices to learn those details:
We have also listed a few additional resources below.
- MD Higher Education Commission (MHEC) – State Scholarships & Grants: https://mhec.maryland.gov/Pages/default.aspx
- MD Hispanic Achievement Scholarship: http://montgomeryhispanicgala.org/scholarship.htmlFederal Student Aid, an office of US Dept. of Education (info about understanding different types of aid including loans): https://studentaid.ed.gov/
- US Dept. of Education: http://www2.ed.gov/finaid/landing.jhtml
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators: http://www.finaid.org/
- Scholarship Search (search for scholarships): http://www.fastweb.com/
- Peterson Education and Career Center (scholarship search and info): http://www.petersons.com/college-search/scholarship-search.aspx
- College Entrance Exam Board and Educational Testing Service: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/pay-for-college?fromPage=home
- Personal Assessment and Career Planning Info: https://www.salliemae.com/plan-for-college/