ABOUT THE DELEGATE SCHOLARSHIP
Applications for Delegate Cullison’s Scholarship Program for the 2022-23 Academic Year have closed and the decision process is underway.
Applications for the 2023-24 Academic Year will be accepted between April 15th and June 1, 2023 ; additionally you must submit either the FAFSA or the MSFAA. You must also be a District 19 constituent to be eligible.
USG Campus Students: If you are a student at the Universities of Shady Grove campus, you must directly apply through USG and not through our office (Please call 301-738-6023 or email email@example.com). I believe their priority deadline is June 30, but check with them.
FAFSA/MSFAA: You must also apply for the FAFSA https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa (or Maryland State Financial Aid Application (MSFAA) if applicable) as well; we encourage you to do that as soon as possible, if you have not already. The FAFSA is due March 1.
MHEC conditions: Please also look for MHEC’s overall conditions for legislative scholarships here: https://mhec.state.md.us/preparing/Pages/FinancialAid/ProgramDescriptions/prog_delegate.aspx.
Application: Download and read carefully the instructions and application here. To make the application word document editable you will have to use the “save as” option and rename the file “Delegate Cullison Application__YourLastName.docx”.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please only email your applications. For this reason, and to reduce unnecessary costs to students, unofficial transcripts, and other documents and even screenshots/or photos of documents are fine.
Other District 19 Legislative Scholarship Opportunities: You are also welcome and encouraged to reach out to your entire District 19 team; we each have our own deadlines and processes so inquire in other offices to learn those details:
Senator Kramer: Ben.Kramer@senate.state.md.us
Delegate Crutchfield: firstname.lastname@example.org
Delegate Stewart: email@example.com
We have also listed a few additional resources below.
- MD Higher Education Commission (MHEC) – State Scholarships & Grants: mhec.maryland.gov
- MD Hispanic Achievement Scholarship: montgomeryhispanicgala.org/scholarship.html
- Federal Student Aid, an office of US Dept. of Education (info about understanding different types of aid including loans): studentaid.ed.gov/
- US Dept. of Education: www2.ed.gov/finaid
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators: www.finaid.org
- Scholarship Search (search for scholarships): www.fastweb.com
- Peterson Education and Career Center (scholarship search and info): www.petersons.com
- College Entrance Exam Board and Educational Testing Service: bigfuture.collegeboard.org
- Personal Assessment and Career Planning Info: www.salliemae.com/plan-for-college
- For students in public policy, economic development or related fields: www.medamd.com/professional-development/rhonda-joy-ray-scholarship-application